Quick steps to start using Pentaho Kettle Data Integration tool (Community Edition).
Pentaho Community 6.0 uses Java 1.7. Make sure Java 1.7 is installed on machine before starting working with this tool.
Steps to start:
- Download the community edition data integration tool.
- Extract and move it to a specific folder. It works like eclipse.
- Download the connector (.jar files) for database such MySQL. Move connector library to lib folder of Pentaho.
- Start spoon.sh for linux and spoon.bat for windows machine.
- Create a new connection using connection wizard. Test connection. Unless software reports any error, you are ready to create data transformation services.